WHAT ARE STORIES? On Instagram Stories and Facebook Stories you can share fleeting, everyday moments of your life that last in your feed for 24 hours then disappear - similar to Snapchat.
You can share both short photo and video collections. Video's are being talked about a lot lately as a way of engaging with others and Instagram and Facebook both provide ways to share live video content on their platform.
To view a story, you simply tap on a person's profile photo, and their story will appear full-screen, showing you what they’ve posted in the last 24 hours.
This is a feature of Instagram that took me a while to discover. With this feature, you will not have to manually post on facebook any more and once you apply Instagram story sharing settings, everything will be automated for the future. This will increase the number of people who see your visual content with less work for you.
First you will need to link your Instagram account to Facebook:
- Go to your Instagram profile on your phone and tap ... (iPhone) or (on Android) in the top right.
- Scroll down and tap Linked Accounts.
- Tap Facebook and enter your Facebook login info.
To share your story to Facebook:
- Start creating a story, then tap Next
- Tap Your Facebook Story
- Tap Share
You can also adjust your settings to allow all future stories to be shared to Facebook automatically:
- Go to your profile and tap (iOS) or (Android) in the top-right corner
- Tap Story Settings
- Next to Share Your Story to Facebook, tap to allow sharing
Note: When you share your Instagram story to Facebook, it will appear as a story at the top of News Feed. Keep in mind that anything you share to Facebook, including your Instagram story, works with whatever your existing Facebook privacy settings are.